Water Resources Engineer and Project Manager
Karyn is a Water Resources Engineer and Project Manager at Morrison Hershfield. She has worked on all phases of water resources infrastructure planning and design projects. Her focus includes drainage and stormwater management, LID (Low Impact Development), hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, source water protection, water balance analysis, approvals, environmental assessments, and consultation. Her project roles include project management, technical guidance, and stakeholder communication.
Karyn joined Morrison Hershfield in 2015. Prior to that she played a key role at the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority for the Mississippi-Rideau Drinking Water Source Protection Region, in which she guided technical studies to satisfy provincial water budget requirements. She has also worked at several other consulting firms in the Ottawa area.
- How long have you been in Ottawa?
- 18 years (since graduating from Queen’s in 2000).
- What do you hope to achieve in your current role?
- Helping to grow and lead a thriving group of talented engineers and technologists.
- What first interested you in working in infrastructure/development?
- Infrastructure master planning studies (water, wastewater, stormwater).
- What is your favourite spot in Ottawa?
- Stella Luna Gelato
- What is your favourite book?
- “A Prayer for Owen Meany” by John Irving and “The Power of One” by Bryce Courtenay.
- How do you survive the Ottawa winter?
- Downhill skiing with my family on a “not too chilly” day.